PaNa Solutions has an immediate need for a Subject Matter Expert Systems Engineer. The primary focus of this position is engineering, Cloud Engineering, and Data and Application Security. The secondary focus of this position is platform engineering. This position will serve as the Engineering SME and will be responsible for the development and delivery of the modular enterprise architecture, engineering design, and implementation plan of the identity management to support the mission and vision. The modular enterprise engineering design must be flexible to support the infrastructure hosting workloads for both on premises and Amazon Web Services (AWS). This position will serve as the Cloud Engineering SME and will be responsible for the development and delivery of Sponsor's cloud adoption and migration. This position will serve as the Platform Engineering SME to provide the technical guidance and direction to design the modular operating system baselines to support the modular data and application Tier hosting strategy. This position will serve as the Data and Application Security SME to provide technical guidance and direction to engineering a modular security design to protect the workloads hosting services for both on premises and Amazon Web Services (AWS). This position will introduce and champion the SysOps and DevOps concepts for the Sponsor. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate outstanding hands-on experience and thorough understanding of Platform engineering, Data and Application Security engineering, and Cloud services. The candidate must demonstrate on-the-job competencies and in-depth Linux experience working and integrating open source frameworks/products, experience deploying various open source packages and/or application stacks into sponsor's production landscape, multi-core, multi-threaded, and distributed system. The selected candidate will be expected to know how to both craft and drive good requirements and specifications documentation. The selected candidate will be expected to quickly self-learn new technologies and be passionate when it comes to making technical breakthroughs and solving complex problems. The selected candidate will need to have a diverse IT background, strong hands-on technical experience, organizational and interpersonal skills working as part of a team and at times in a highly autonomous manner, mentoring others as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Demonstrated on-the-job competencies with enterprise solutions architecture, technical leadership and strategy, enterprise data and analytic engineering, enterprise software development, and SysOps/DevOps.
- On-the-job engineering experience and outstanding in-depth knowledge with Cybersecurity, Cloud Computing, Data and Application Security technologies.
- Engineering experience and outstanding in-depth knowledge with Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Scientific Linux) and Microsoft Windows Server (2008 R2,2OI2 R2) environments and be able to build, configure, and maintain via Command Line Interface (CLI).
- Demonstrated on-the-job engineering experience and outstanding in-depth knowledge with the underlying storage for Linux (LVM), storage network technologies (e.g. SAN, NAS) and protocols (e.g NFS, CIFS), databases (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, Postgres, Kafka, etc.) and/or clustered/pooled virtualization concepts from leading platforms (e.g. XenServer, Hyperv, vMware, etc.).
- Demonstrated on-the-job engineering experience and outstanding in-depth knowledge of information security practices (e.g. cryptography, privilege separation, RBAC, Auditing, Patching, Security Benchmark Compliance, OS hardening, etc.).
- Experience using Amazon Web Service technologies such as AWS Command Line (AWSCLI), Amazon Machine Images (AMI), Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Simple Storage Service (S3), Elastic Block Storage (EBS), Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), or CloudWatch.
- Demonstrated on-the-job Tier-3 SME troubleshooting, investing, and performing root cause analysis on production incidents.
- Demonstrated on-the-job engineering experience and outstanding in-depth knowledge with server hardware from major vendors such as IBM or HP and related technologies including: CPU Performance, RAID, iLO, baremetal restores, and backup methodologies.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of proactive monitoring concepts, including experience configuring and deploying Network and systems monitoring, SNMP, Relational Databases (e.g. Ganglia, Nagios, Zenoss, Splunk, Solarwinds, NosQL and caching Layers such as Memcache).
- Demonstrated in-depth troubleshooting and outstanding understanding of Internet/Web related protocols and technologies (e.g. Apache, Tomcat, Web Services, DNS, registrars, SSL, web hosting providers).
- Experience with automated provisioning technologies or methods such as AWS CloudFormation, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or AWS bootstrapping via cloud-init scripts.
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Shell, Perl, Python) experience and/or ability to automate routine operations through scripts or tool sets.
- Excellent understanding of analytic streaming fabric development (e.g. Java Framework, C++, etc.)
- Experience with performance analysis and optimization of distributed (cloud) systems.
- Experience with core communication protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, SSL, HTTP/S and building application-specific protocols on top of them.
- Demonstrated understanding of J2EE concepts including Java Virtual Machine (JVM) performance tuning.
- Demonstrated experience with engineering solutions to satisfy High Availability and Business Continuity requirements.
- Building test harnesses and automating testing.
- Demonstrated on the job experience configuring and securing server workloads and protocol communications using SHA-2 PKI, TLSv1.2, Secure LDAP, SSHv3, HTTPS, NFSv4, or IPSec VPNs.
Active TS SCI with Polygraph clearance required.
Typically requires a BS degree in a computer field from an accredited college or university and eight (8) to twelve (12) years of related experience, or a MS degree in a computer field and seven (7) to ten (10) years of related experience, or PhD and two (2) to five (5) years of related experience. Progressive and relevant education, training and/or certification(s) may be substituted for a portion of the degree and experience requirements.